Information Folded Leaf collects
To fulfill your order, you must provide us with certain information such as your name, email address, postal address, phone number, payment information, details of the product that you’re ordering and you may also choose to provide us with additional personal information for a custom order.
Why Folded Leaf needs your information and how we use it
We rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
– As needed to provide my services, such as when we use your information to fulfill your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
– When you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for our mailing list;
– If necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
– As necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as providing and improving my services. We use your information to provide the services you requested and in our legitimate interest to improve our services.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about our customers is important to our business. We share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
– Mailchimp: We use this third party service to contact you with our newsletter 3 – 4 times per year. Your name, email and why you got in touch with us, is stored securely on Mailchimp. You may unsubscribe from this newsletter at any time by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ button.
– Paypal: We use this third party service to receive payments for our services. Your name, email and address is stored securely on Paypal.
– Service providers: We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services, such as An Post. We will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
– Compliance with laws: We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce our agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers, or others.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
We may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, we may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If we are deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, we rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. Here is a description of these rights below:
– You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the contact information below.
– Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where we are required to store data for legal reasons) we will generally delete your personal information upon request.
– You can object to (i) our processing of some of your information based on our legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from us after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
– If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Éilís Murphy, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or through my contact page.